Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dream of the Deceased



About two weeks ago, I dreamed about two people who had passed on. Now, this is a first for me as I've not experienced this before. I dreamed about my late maternal grandma and grandpa. Grandpa just left us a few months ago on 21/4/2014. Grandma left us in October 2007.

What was my dream about? In my dream, I saw grandma and grandpa. The background was like very foggy (probably looking like heaven, I'd like to think of it that way! Or maybe it's in-between Earth and Heaven like my dad said, who knows?) but I knew where it was. It was at their home. Grandma was staring at me for the longest time and she smiled. She looked very much younger than what I remember her to be. Then, grandpa was somewhere beside there, didn't really get to 'see' him but I knew he was there. I was very surprised to see my grandma because I thought, hey, she's here but she's not here anymore, you know what I mean? Kind of complicated to describe what/how I felt. I was surprised, a bit shocked, excited and mesmerized at the same time. I tried to send a signal to my mom who was somewhere there also (I think) although I didn't really see her but dunno what she was doing, she no hiu me.

Don't know how long was the dream and that's it. End of my dream. I kept thinking about it for a couple of days because as I've said, it's a new experience for me, dreaming about someone who had passed on. Told mom & dad about it and then I decided to tell my cousins too and asked if they had a similar experience. To my surprise, one of my cousin said that she had the same dream a week earlier. Two other cousins have also dreamed about grandpa but not recently. Woah! Talk about coincidences.

A few days later, I decided to pay grandma & grandpa a visit at the columbarium. It was a quick visit as when we reached there, they were about to close for the day. Might visit again in October because grandma already left us for 7 years... 

I still kept thinking about my dream for a few days. One 'good' thing from this dream is, I feel happy and relieved because grandpa is now with grandma again, after 7 years. May they rest in peace...

No comments: