Monday, August 21, 2006

Dentist.Death.Dumb.

Dentist
My crowned front tooth, 'dropped' this afternoon. Yes, this will happen every few months and I'd have to visit the dentist for him to 'glue' it back. I know it's not easy for you to imagine it, maybe I'll take a picture later but for now, I have to get this out of my system. The tooth started 'shaking' a coupla days ago, so I kinda expected it to 'drop' in the next few days.

So, at 5pm just now, I made my way to see the dentist.

Death
15 minutes before that, I received an e-mail from Jim, Eve's to be-spouse. He became the bearer of a very bad news. Eve's mom passed away this morning in her sleep. She had lupus (since quite a few years back) and was having complications due to some kidney problem. Eve is one of my closest friend since primary school. She migrated to the States 8 years ago and I have not seen her since then but we communicate through e-mails.

The thing is, I was very shocked when I read the e-mail, the kind of shock which I couldn't describe in words, and worse is, I couldn't pinpoint how I feel. Have you ever felt a kind of pain which is... well,... not painful? DYK what I mean?

So, off I went to my dentist's clinic without calling up first, only to find a closed door in front of me when I reached there.

Dammit!

Dumb
So, I sat in the car, kinda became dumb for a while, didn't know what to do. To go home or to go back to work since it was only 5:30pm. After calling up B, I decided to come to work since tomorrow morning, I gotta take some time off to go to the dentist's again.
So here I am, feeling guilty because I can't afford to take time off to go back to attend the funeral and to see/comfort my friend.
My apologies, there won't be any comments for this entry. Thanks for reading and for the hugs...